Happy first day of summer! Today, the temperatures are souring to 100 and you can bet I won’t be spending much time in the kitchen whipping up dinner over a hot stove. When the summer heat hits, this household gravitates towards dinner style salads. Now, before you scrunch up your face and make a choking noise, you need to clear your mind of what salads used to be. Salads have come a long way, baby! The days of being served a bowl of semi wilted iceberg lettuce with a few tomatoes and cucumbers on top are over. Salads are being served up and rockin’ the table! Even restaurants are offering more and more entree style salads. It’s not just a salad, it’s a meal.
This Triple Chocolate Fruit Pizza Recipe was submitted by Generations of Savings in the Dessert Category and is our GRAND PRIZE winner of the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge winning the $500 prize for kitchen related wares from zuuzs.
This recipe for Vermont Maple Almond Popcorn was submitted by Ellen of Confessions of an Overworked Mom in the Desserts Category and is our Dessert Category winner of the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge winning the $200 prize for kitchen related wares from zuuzs.
This Salsa Deviled Eggs With a Fiery Twist Recipe was submitted by Whirlwind of Suprises in the Side Dish Category and is our Side Dish Category winner of the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge winning the $200 prize for kitchen related wares from zuuzs.
This recipe for Fantastic Fish Fillets was submitted by Brett of This Mama Loves Her Bargains in the Main Dish Category and is our Main Dish Category winner of the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge winning the $200 prize for kitchen related wares from zuuzs.
Congratulations to all of the wonderful cooks and out zuuzs Recipe Contest winners. It was a hard decision! Stay tuned for the downloadable look book featuring all of the fantastic recipes!
Share this article
Yep, that’s right. We are doing another cool thing for our members! This time we are reaching out to all of you foodies, cooks, chefs, and mothers! Along with the help from two of our favorite bloggers, Makobi Scribe and Simply Stacie, we are holding a Grand Spring Recipe Challenge.
Here is how the Challenge will work:
- The Submission Phase starts April 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM EST and ends April 28, 2012 11:59 PM EST (4 weeks)
- To enter, you must sign up for zuuzs.com and submit an unpublished recipe to email@example.com
- Each recipe will need to have two to three original, unpublished pictures with a width of 550 px, a recipe, title, and directions. In the subject line place the category the recipe is being entered to from one of the following:
- Appetizers/Side Dish
- Main Dish
- You may submit no more than one recipe per category
- There will also be a Voting Phase on zuuzs.com and a Judging Phase
- On June 5, 2012, there will be a drawing with Four (4) winners: One from each category, and an Overall Grand Prize Winner!
The amazing prizes include Gift Cards totalling $500 for kitchen related wares for the Grand Prize Winner and $200 in gift cards for kitchen related wares for each of the Category Winners.
Check here for the full list of rules and information & get cracking on those recipes!