It’s lunch time. You’re hungry. A late start to your morning meant running out of the house without a lunch. You decide to venture out for something quick. The rumble in your stomach trumps your ability to take a few minutes to seriously consider what you’re about to nosh on. You’ve got one thing on your mind. Food. Fast. Getting back to the office.
And hour later you feel as if you’ve eaten several bricks. You slowly sip on a bottle of water to get rid of the chalky residue in your mouth after crunching on a handful of Tums. All you want to do is bow your head in shame. You know you shouldn’t have eaten what you did. It’s too late. The damage has been done. You try to get through the rest of the day with your dignity intact.
Sound familiar? Well, you more than likely spent your lunch devouring something that has made it onto the ‘worst lunches’ list. Here are some that made it to the top
1. Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries w/ Ranch Dressing – According to Men’s Health, this is the all time worst food in America. Sit down to one of these at lunch and you’re packing away 2,900 calories topped off with 182 grams of fat. Yikes!
2. Subway 12 inch Italian B.M.T - Remember Jared Fogle the Subway Guy? He lost 245 pounds in one year eating Subway sandwiches…the healthier selections. The Italian B.M.T was NOT one of his sandwich selections. This 12 inch disaster is loaded with 900 calories and 16 grams of saturated fat. Need I say more?
3. Chili’s Crispy Honey Chipotle Crispers - These sound delicious, but you need to do some serious thinking before you order this up for lunch. It’ll cost you 1,890 calories and 99 grams of fat. You’ll be wishing for elastic waistband by the time you pay your bill.
4. Burger King Triple Whopper Sandwich w/ Cheese & Mayo - The word “triple” should be a dead giveaway that it’s not good for you. There is nothing healthy about this sandwich and it weighs in at 1,230 calories and 82 grams of fat.
5. Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger - So, you think you’re walking the path of healthy because it’s a turkey burger? Wrong. This nightmare in disguise fills you up with 1,145 calories and 71 grams of fat.
6. On the Border Grande Taco Salad w/ Taco Beef - A lot of folks are under the impression that because the word “salad” is thrown in there that it’s healthy. There are lots of unhealthy salads out there and this is one of them. Order this and you’ll be crunching on 1,450 calories and 102 grams of fat. Gulp.
7. Panera Italian Combo on Ciabatta Sandwich - This restaurant is certainly not fast food. The sandwiches and salads are always fresh, however, you still need to be careful. Ordering this sandwich will cost you 1,070 calories and 50 grams of fat. After eating this you’ll probably want to skip the fresh desserts.
8. Quizno’s Large Prime Rib Cheese-steak Sub - Headed over to Quizno’s with the gang for lunch? If this menu option tempts you, think twice before caving in. You’ll be filling up on 1,770 calories and 116 grams of fat.
9. Pizza Hut Triple Meat Italiano - Didn’t I say earlier that “triple” anything is probably not good for you? Here’s another one to add to the list totaling 1,280 calories and 23 grams of fat. Not surprising considering that it’s filled with pepperoni, sausage and baked ham.
10. Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo’d Power Smoothie - Just because it’s a smoothie doesn’t mean it’s healthy. If you’re slurping the bottom of the cup with your straw, you’ve sucked down about 700 calories and 10 grams of fat. Did you say you wanted to jog back to work?